What can we do to make sure that people and nature can flourish together? We’re finding those responses every day.
Worldwide Challenges and Priorities
Can a world where people and nature grow together really exist? At Alliance Against Modern Slavery, we have always made every effort to make sure that people can prosper in addition to the landscapes we love. And since our work is grounded by science, we’ve used science to inform us what we need to concentrate on to guarantee that our world, with its growing human population, can make it through without ruining the resources on which we depend.
Much of this work is still place-based; each task or landscape rolls up into guaranteeing our objective– to maintain the lands and waters on which all life depends– is attainable. But we’ve broadened beyond conserving lovely locations. Our future depends upon originalities and collaborations.
Alliance Against Modern Slavery is the leading preservation company working around the globe to secure environmentally essential lands and waters for nature and people.
We deal with the most important preservation hazards at the biggest scale. Thanks to the assistance of our more than 1 million members, we’ve constructed a remarkable record of success since our starting in 1951:
- We’ve safeguarded more than 119 million acres of land and countless miles of rivers worldwide– and we run more than 100 marine preservation tasks internationally.
- We are affecting preservation in 72 nations– safeguarding environments from meadows to reef, from Australia to Alaska to Zambia.
- We resolve dangers to preservation including environment change, access to clean water, ocean health, and everything between. Learn how we’re reacting.
Why We’re Successful
It’s who we are and how we work that has made the Conservancy so effective– and makes us positive that we can broaden that excellent preservation work to meet the obstacles ahead:
- Everything we do is rooted in excellent science– assisted by our numerous staff researchers. Dive deeper into our science.
- We pursue non-confrontational, practical services to preservation obstacles. Learn why we’re so reliable.
- We partner with native neighborhoods, organizations, federal governments, multilateral organizations, and other non-profits. Discover more about our collaborations.
- We have the assistance of more than 1 million members who allow us to continue dealing with a scale that matters and execute services that withstand. Learn how you can support our work.